Or Things To Do When You Turn 60
Or Things To Do When You Turn 70
Or Things To Do NOW
As I turn 70, I think of all the things I wish I had done. My children are grown with their own children. In many ways I envy them. They have all traveled and seen some of this world. They were lucky, they had me as a backup. I can think of 50 things to do when you turn 50.
Now it is my turn. I am not happy with doing what they want. After all, desires in one’s ’30s and ’40s are different from what it is in one’s 50s or 60’s or 70s. I am satisfied with taking smaller steps.
These things to do when you turn 50 are not big things, just little doable things. Things I will cherish in my own way.
Seems like it would be easy to complete the list but no, each item is carefully thought out. Can I do this? Will I enjoy doing this? Is this something I have considered in the past? Will I be sorry I attempted this adventure? Some are very small things, and some are larger accomplishments. All the same, I will be happy to complete the list within the next year.
Join me in my quest to feel, smell, and taste adventure, even small adventures.
After all, we can’t help getting old. It is a badge of honor. Someday those in the younger generation will understand. They too will look back and wonder where all the time went.
- Before you were 50 you were making a living and taking care of children.
- Before you were 60 you were making a living and if you were lucky, taking care of grandchildren.
- Before you were 70 you were always busy, taking care of parents, children, or grandchildren.
- Now you are 70 and time to take care of yourself.
Do those things you always dreamed of doing. Go out there and smell the roses. You never know when your time is up. If you do not do it now, then when?
Things To Do When You Turn 50
- Sleep in the nude
- Stay up all night
- Cry over a sad movie
- Eat ice cream for dinner
- Plant a garden
- Watch an old TV movie
- Take a train ride
- Take a bus ride
- Splurge on a first-class airline ticket
- Rent a limousine
- Sing karaoke
- Get the best cabin on a cruise
- Go out to dinner at the best restaurant in town
- Buy that expensive purse
- Spend a weekend at the beach
- Sleep till noon and don’t feel guilty
- Visit the local botanical gardens
- Go to your high school reunion
- Go glamping
- Take in a Broadway show
- Eat brunch at the Ritz Carlton
- Color your hair a bright and wild shade
- Watch the sun rise and set the same day
- Visit the grand ole opry
- Call an old friend from high school
- Buy a pair of expensive shoes
- Buy new bedsheets
- Join a club
- Volunteer at the local food pantry
- Wear flowers in your hair
- Go to Walmart and buy an apple
- Take a ferry ride
- Eat lobster in Maine
- Read a good book cover to cover in one day
- Buy a plant for your living room
- Participate in a parade
- Walk in the rain
- Donate blood to the red cross
- Take a cooking class
- Take Spanish lessons
- Take a day trip to anywhere
- Tour Washington DC
- Make a snow angel
- See baby turtles make their way to the sea
- Go fishing
- Take a food tour in your state’s capital
- Take a bee-keeping class
- Stretch every morning before breakfast
- Laugh at yourself
- Smell the roses
Read more at GuideForSeniors.com for all things senior. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.