Cut the Dead Wood, Change Your LifeRandom
It Is Time To Prune The Trees
Get rid of the dead wood. This can only help the trees. The peach trees in the orchard that I pruned last year have bigger and better peaches this year. They are also easier to reach. I am glad I cut the dead wood.
I need to do the same thing in my life. But it is so hard. I can not just cut my best friend out of my life. Get real, at my age, I know there is no such thing as a great friend. They are all just acquaintances. Fun acquaintances, but just acquaintances never the less.
I remember when I told my kids that their friends were really just acquaintances. They did not believe me then but now they do. As soon as they could not do what their “friend” wanted and when their “friend” wanted it, everything became clear. My youngest tore her ACL ligament and where were her great friends when she needed them the most?
Yep, nowhere. Who do you think she called for help? It certain was not ghost busters. No, she called home and I was on the first flight out. Blood is definitely thicker than water. I did not leave until she was up and able to take care of herself.
So you need to cut out the dead wood in your life. You do not have to associate with those who make your life miserable every time you talk to them. You know who they are. You just do not want to do anything about the problem. It is easier, not better, just easier to do nothing.
So take a hold of your life and cut the dead wood.
You will be better off long term.
- The selfish, emotionally draining so called “friend”.
- The “friend” who is there when you make the plans, but never calls you.
- The “friend” who makes you feel uncertain, about everything.
- The “friend” who encourages you to make bad decisions.
- The moocher “friend”.
- The in-between “friend”. You come last but today you are first because everyone else is busy.
- The “friend” who always says bad things about you when you are not there.
You know the reason they are bad for you so get rid of them. You will be the better for it. Go ahead, prune your orchard.