How to find a cruise is easy. The 5 Best Cruises for Seniors will help. However, how to find the right cruise is a bit more difficult. There are many questions you need to answer before deciding on a cruise. In addition, there are so many “secrets” about cruising that you need to know. No one likes surprises. So answer these questions before choosing a cruise.
- Do you have a special cruise line that you prefer?
- Do you prefer a smaller ship with more intimacy or a larger ship with more amenities and choices?
- What port do you want to leave from?
- What month do you want to go?
- How many nights do you want to spend on your cruise?
- What cities do you want to visit?
- How many are in your party?
- What are the age groups traveling with you, if any?
- Do you prefer a cruise on which you will be busy every minute of every day?
- Do you prefer a cruise that is lazy and just restful?
- Do you like a lot of stops and extra trips?
- How much do you want to spend? The answer is not as little as possible. If that is your answer, you are definitely not going on a cruise.
Now you have something to start with. Even if you can not answer all of the questions, even answering some of them will help you decide on what cruise you want to take.
If you know the answer to question 1, the choice is relatively easy. Go to that cruise line’s web page on our home page and start filling in the forms. Finding a cruise will be easy and the choices will be narrowed down to what that cruise line offers.
- Celebrity Cruise Lines has been voted as the best cruise line for the money. It is known for its upscale design, innovative cuisine and great customer service.
- Royal Caribbean has many options to choose from. They are known to be a good value for your cruise dollar. They have both large and small ships to choose from.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines is known for its laid-back freestyle cruising. It has no dress codes nor fixed dining times.
- Disney Cruise Lines is one of the best cruises for families, especially for families with children younger than their teenage years. It is definitely kid-friendly and has spacious staterooms.
- Carnival Cruise Lines has a very festive atmosphere. It feels like there is always a party somewhere on the ship.
- Crystal Cruises are very elegant with fewer passengers on board. The customer service is exceptional. This cruise line is definitely better for couples than families.
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises has an all-inclusive approach. All of the accommodations are suites. However, one way or the other you do pay for the extras, either separately or included in the price.
- Azamara Club Cruises travels to destinations that are out of the ordinary for the “normal” cruise ships. It has great service as the staff ratio of passenger to crew member is about 2 to 1.
- Oceania Cruise Lines has gourmet cuisine and sails around the world. It has smaller ships than some of the other cruise lines so they may not have as many amenities. If you are looking for a less crowded ship, this may be the one for you.
US Cruise Ports
- Seward, AK
- Whittier, AK
- Mobile, AL
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Pedro, CA (Los Angles)
- Long Beach, CA (Los Angeles)
- Port Canaveral, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Miami, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Honolulu, HI
- Bayonne NJ (Cape Liberty)
- New Orleans, LA
- Baltimore, MD
- New York, NY
- Charleston, SC
- Galveston, TX
- Norfolk, VA
- Seattle, WA
Now that the innumerable choices have been narrowed, your decision should become easier. Find a cruise and just enjoy!