Tired of Being Tired?Fitness
How do your bones feel?
Are you feeling old, or getting tired all the time? Let’s fix that! According to the US Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, regular physical activity is essential for health. Exercise for health! So lets get started learning what you need to do and how you need to do it!
So clearly, exercise is not just for the young at heart. If you’ve never exercised, there is no better time than now to get started. Age is no barrier, the only thing stopping you, is you.
How do I start?
Get out of that chair and walk, just walk. If you’re not used to walking start with this:
- Today walk to your mailbox and back a couple times, or just once if you’re not used to that.
- Tomorrow walk down a few houses in your block.
- Then on to the end of the street and beyond.
- Next, let’s start getting you out to some of the best local gyms and classes for seniors to keep that heart moving. We even put together a big list of recommended Tampa area gyms, classes, and groups for you!
- Finally, if you’re looking to take a big step, take a look at your local Tampa Couch-to-5k program
Don’t overdo it
The last thing you want to do is to hurt yourself. Just do what you can do, but KEEP MAKING PROGRESS! Just because you are not doing strenuous activities does not mean you are not getting benefits from your workout, and everyone has to work themselves up. No one starts at the top. There are so many different levels of exercise, and even elite athletes have to work at it every day. That goes for everyone, I mean everyone. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
George S. Patton
I already walk, what else should I do?
That’s great! Lets move you on to some local groups, classes, and gyms where you can take it to the next level. Here is a list of the fitness centers and gyms in the Tampa area. Find one close to you and just drop in. Often you can get a free pass to a class or even better for a week or two. Remember, do not give up. You are doing this for you.
The main things to remember when you begin your routine are:
- Exercise is a lifestyle, if your lifespan is important to you, you need to make exercise a part of your life. “A little exercise might lengthen life”.
- A personal trainer is not out of the question.
- Always keep moving, it improves your quality of life.
- There is always something you can do. Sometimes you just have to look for it.
- Don’t over do it, but don’t be scared to do anything either.
Live Long and Prosper!
Exercise will make you feel better, have a better quality of life, and make you live longer.